Indian army is one of the biggest armed forces in the world. It is the force that works on-field and encounters invaders territory from the front side. Indian armed forces or army is the second-largest army in the World. It is having 960,000 reserve troops while the currently active troops numbers are around 1,237,117.
Indian army is providing a large number of opportunities to its candidate and which results in every year that lakhs of youngsters are applying for the Indian army. An army officer is always ready for the duty of his nation. When he is on national duty then everything has to wait.
The commander-in-chief of the Indian armed force is the President of India and its head is the chief of army staff with 4 stars general.
A Lieutenant general can be a 3-star general officer in the Indian Army. Lieutenant general is one of the most respected and prestigious jobs and it is also the 2nd highest active rank in the Indian Army. A Lieutenant ranks above the 2-star rank of major general while he ranks below the 4-star rank of general.
An army unit life cannot be imagined without a lieutenant. He can be called the naive of a unit who is not pampered. He is one of the most hardworking, dedicated officers of the unit. He is like an omnipresent and omnipotent officer in the unit.
Recruitment for Indian Army officers-
In India, Indian Army officers are only recruited by the Indian Armed forces. A private institute or organization can never give employment in this sector. A candidate will have to clear a written exam then a physical and medical test after that he will be sent for training. And when a candidate completes his training then he will be given his post in the Indian Armed forces.
Required Eligibility for applying in the Indian Army-
One needs to qualify minimum class 12th for applying as an army officer. More details are like-
NDA (National Defense Academy) eligibility-
NDA is the written exam that is conducted two times a year by UPSC (Union Public service Commission). This is the exam for selecting the candidates for Army, Navy and Air force.
• The candidate who has qualified for class 12th can apply for NDA.
• The Age should be minimum of 16.5- 19.5 years for NDA applying candidate.
• National Defense Academy always organize exam (Written) two times a year.
• The candidate who qualifies for the cut off in the written exam has to go for a medical and physical test.
• And if he clears these all tasks then he can go for 3 years of training at National Defense Academy, Khadakwasala, Pune, Maharashtra and one year of training at Indian Military Academy,
• After completion of training, the candidate will be awarded a degree of B.Sc. or B.A by JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University). After this, he will be given a post in the Indian Army or Armed Forces.
Technical Entry Scheme (TES) for class 12th candidates-
• The person who has successfully permitted for class 12th in PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Maths) with a minimum of seventy per cent can apply for Technical Entry Scheme.
• The age requirement for TES is a minimum of 16.5 to 19.5 years.
• For the Technical Entry Scheme, a written exam is organized every year in January and June.
• One year of training will be given to candidates at OTA (Officers Training Academy) who qualify for TES written test. And later on, one-year training of Cadet Training Wings.
• After completing the training, a candidate will receive a B.Tech. (Bachelor of Technology) degree along with a posting from Jawahar Lal Nehru University.
The Average pay scale of 37,400-67,000 INR is given to the Lieutenant colonel every month in the Indian Army. It not only gives a handsome amount of salary but also respect, honour and pride.
Responsibility of Lieutenant-
It simply depends on which service/battalion lieutenant is giving his services. In fields areas, he usually commands 32 soldiers of a platoon. A lieutenant service tenure is short. He works as a lieutenant for more than a year and then he is promoted to captain.