Adding different forms of media to a PowerPoint presentation (PPT) can make it more engaging for your followership, as well as appealing to different types of learning. Although there may be any number of reasons, from adding a voice-over to just add some background music. PowerPoint can add audio clips of different types of files. MP3, WMA, or WAV extension files are the common types that you can fit in PowerPoint slides (PPT). These audios automatically embed into PPT File. Indeed also, it's a good practice to place your audio in the same computer folder or Path in which you save your PPT indeed before you insert them.
Follow these steps to add an audio clip in PowerPoint 365 for Windows.
- Navigate to the slide where you want to add/insert an audio clip. From the Insert tab of Ribbon, click the down-arrow below the Audio button to bring up the drop-down menu as shown in Figure 1, below. In this menu, select the Audio on My PC option, as shown in box within Figure 1.
- Doing so brings up the Insert Audio dialog box, as shown in Figure 2, below. Go to the folder where our audio files are saved, and click on any audio file to select.
- Now, click the Insert button, as shown highlighted within Figure 2, over. Doing so adds the audio clip to the active slide and embeds it as part of your PPT. This embedding, of course, can balloon the file size of your PPT. If this is a error, you can still link the audio file rather than embedding it.
- Once added or linked, PowerPoint will place an audio icon in the center of the slide, as shown in Figure 3, below
- Note that when you mousehover your cursor over the audio icon in Normal view, you'll see the Player Controls bar. You see a another bar even in Slide Show view. You can use the Play button on the Player Controls bar, as per Figure 3, above
If you want play the sound automatically in Slide (PPT) view without having to mouse hover or click on the Play button, you first click on the audio icon so that the Playback dependent tab (contextual tab) is show/active on the Ribbon, as shown highlighted within Figure 4, below.
This tab offers you many options to control the playback of the audio you have selected. Locate Start option, as shown highlighted within Figure 4 above. Clicking this option to bring up a drop-down list. From this list you can select the Automatically option, as shown highlighted within Figure 5, below. After this step selected audio clip play automatically when the slide containing the audio clip comes up in Slide Show mode.
Note that the default option is In Click Sequence. If you select this option, Press the space bar to play the sound or click your cursor in Slide Show mode to proceed to the next event. In addition, you can also have third option, When Clicked On in the drop-down list as shown in Figure 5, above. This option shows the Player Control, and you press the Play button to play audio.
- Save your presentation in Computer drive.